Monday, March 21, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 16

A picture of someone who inspires you.


  "Life's like a movie, write your own ending. Keep believing, keep pretending. " -Jim Henson




I don't know about you, but the things Jim Henson created basically defined my childhood. I grew up with Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock and the muppet movies. He managed to dream entire worlds of friendly monsters that somehow taught us life lessons along the way...

He was kind of a crazy hippie that played with puppets. But I think that's awesome. He was one of those adults that managed to keep his inner child alive by creating something that appeals to both children and adults. His work had meaning and a message, and it came from characters that had emotional depth- and they were made of cloth. I think that's just amazing.

"When I was young, 
my ambition was to be one of the people
who made a difference in this world. 
My hope is to leave the world 
a little better for having been there."
-Jim Henson

 (Me too.) 

No comments: