Saturday, September 17, 2005

updating...
The other night after class I went and watched Mr and Mrs Smith with two girls from the Art Therapy program for free at the Marvin Center. I forgot how freaking awesomet hat movie was, though, this time i was actually sitting back a number of rows and not on the first row. Which makes a big difference as it turns out... Vanessa and Mary ended up crashing in my room since the didn't know what the situation with the Metro was and they live in Virginia. So, sleepover. Good times, though it was a little awkward. I don't really know either of them all htat well, though we've hung out before and talk in class all the time. So they learned some stuff- for lack of anything else to do I showed them a bunch of pictures, including the slideshow from camp. I think they actually got the picture on why i love going home so much and why I have so many things reminding me of home around my room here. And then they discovered some kind of weird things... like i bruch my teeth in the shower, which i try to keep on the DL for at least a month or so ;)

Yesterday m0rning I was SO lucky as too be a part of the firedrills and had to report to the other side of campus by 8:45 in the morning. on a friday. when i had no classes. wearing this vest:I must say. I feel pretty cool. Especially being cursed out by the people I'd woken up. I love how people that are probably normal and rational, when sleepy become mean, belligerent people unable to see when someone is just doing their job. So I just tried to look sympathetic and apologized to the grumpy ones and continued to rock out my vest.

Spent the rest of the day with the TV on, and I think by the time i fell asleep I'd watched The Italian Job, American Psycho, something else, and Good Will Hunting. And somewhere in there I got some stuff done around the room. I talked to Allison on the phone (prayers for her) and to Christie & James on their way to Boone for the weekend to visit Ben and Elizabeth. Hope they ahve fun, but not TOO much fun since i'm not there ;)

And now its Saturday, Christie called and got me out of bed ("i miss videogames, i miss my mom") and I'm thinking I probably shouldn't repeat yesterday. So, as of 11am, I'm intending to leave my room today. Because I really need to find a hardware store and buy staples for my staple gun so I can finish contructing some canvases.

It's kind of sad then the only reasons I have for leaving is to run errands. oh well.

things are good, i'm mostly just bored. -meredith*

No comments: