Tuesday, September 20, 2005

my sister sent this to me:
"contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. it's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the ones they love. it's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough."

apparently, it's been an 'i miss meredith' day in North Carolina. I shan't complain ;)

in other news, it seems i'd forgotten how bad i am at academia when i applied to grad school. oops. Just realized yesterday that I can say "I'm working on my Masters." Doesn't that sound fancy?

i want to take piano lessons.

my dad sent me a very unintentionally funny email about shootings and touring D.C. then told me i should start at the public library.... (Dad, if you read this, I'll do the touring thing, but only so much is free. If you want me to see the Holocaust museum, send me money. ;) )

Did you know it costs $1.25 to do a load of laundry? And that's just washing. Drying is another $1.25. I'm cost effective though and just let one load dry half the time and let it air dry the rest so I can use the dryer twice for my dolla-twenny-five.

I made a thing for Ben's website. Not because I necessarily always agree with Ben, but, i get bored easily.

ME: http://www.geocities.com/whooo1313/global.html
Christie: nice graft nerd
ME: its a GRAPH. nerd.

I love it when people try to make fun of me and it totally backfires. (Love you Christie!)

very random post. sorry. it happens.

-meredith*

1 comment:

Becky said...

Mere, I absolutely love checking your blog every day (and yes, it's pretty much a daily habit now, so please don't stop:) ) and I can't remember there ever being a time where you didn't get me laughing about something you posted. Don't read mine...you'll be bored silly...so then out of boredom and silliness, you might just laugh. Ok, I love you and am humbled a LOT by your last post. Sweet friend, I LOVE YOU!!!

oh and ps: the apt where Jack and I are going to be living in, in KY (yes that's kentucky, bluegrass...hillbilly, help!!) has laundry facilities that we have to pay for so I'm all about the 1/2 dry cycle to get more bang for your buck!