Sunday, September 18, 2005

after two rather regrettable, unproductive days... church was great. people. food (of both the spiritual and physical variety). amazing, pretty-much-need-to-listen-to-it-again type sermon.

one of the associate pastors at CapBab (the affectionate name for Capitol Hill Baptist Church) actually graduated from NC State and lived in Raleigh for 12 years. I get really excited about anyone from Raleigh. Actually, I get really exicited when i meet anyone from the South. Even More excited when they're from North Carolina. And basically have a very strong urge to hug anyone from Raleigh, that i usually manage to hold back.

I don't think i'm wierd though, since no one is actually FROM D.C. everyone seems to really like talking about where they're from, ESPECIALLY Southerners. And Texans. Who think of it as being the south, but its really not. Sorry Texas.

I found a dollar walking back from the metro stop to the Aston. (Christie: "you saw a walking dollar?!!!!!!" ....I found a dollar on the ground while i was walking. ugh.) I like only finding a dollar, because then i don't really feel as bad that someone else lost it. Anything really more than a dollar people might really miss, you know?

The littlest things seem to make me happy these days, just because I don't really have anything else. I had this dream that i was walking through ankle deep water. It didn't really effect me that much, it didn't make it that much harder to walk, it was just... annoying. And that's basically how I feel as of late. I mean, I'm definitely not struggling through waist deep water, and for sure not up to my neck straining for breath... but in a way I'd almost rather be in that situation. I'm used to fighting and struggling, I'm just not used to being, content. Or just 'ok'. This summer was so much fun, and I was really really really just... happy. The skipping and dancing on dry land in the metaphor. So just hanging out, without really the heights or the depths, is so... boring. And I know I shouldn't be complaining, because there's really nothing to complain about, just water lapping at my ankles reminding me there is something better.

from the Screwtape Letters: "Now it may surprize you to learn that in His efforts to get permanent possession of the soul, He relies on the troughs even more than the peaks; some of His special favourites have gone through longer and deeper troughs than anyone else."
-CS Lewis

No comments: