Thursday, October 13, 2005

In Dominique's blog, she wrote a top ten list of things she wants to do before she dies.

I thought I'd make one, just to see what they'd be. I couldn't come up with ten.

-I want to have a family. I want to be a mom. I'd like to have my own kids, but if its not possible for medical reasons... then its okay because I want to adopt anyways....

-I want to go to Africa. But like, really go to Africa and help and just do something.

-I want to go tour Europe. Preferrably backpacking and staying in hostels and riding on trains and looking at the art and architecture i've seen in all my glossy-paged textbooks.

-i want to work and enjoy my job but still have time for my family and friends and making art because those things come first.

and those were the only things I could think of that really matter to me. That I think i'd be disappointed if they didn't actually happen.

i'd still like to skydive. and have someone think my artwork is good enough to put in a gallery. i'd like to help run a gallery. i want to have someone i've worked with on art have their art put in a gallery. i want to paint a mural on a brick wall in the middle of a city. i want my own ceramics studio. i want to have a garden in my backyard.

but those are silly things that might be nice, but really aren't that important.
and all those 'i want' sentences make me feel materialistic and shallow and caught up in worldly experiences.

and they really make me to want a want of nothing.

and i'm really far away from that.

-meredith*

No comments: