Monday, April 04, 2011

30 Day Challenge - Day 30

A picture of someone you miss.
 
 
I miss Tyler!

Tyler is currently living in the fine (well, I assume fine... I've never actually been there) town of Olive Branch, Mississippi. He's in grad school there, learning about how to be a super-fantastic youth minister. But goodness, i sure do miss having that kid around.

When I first met Tyler... I wasn't really a fan. He was my friend Erin's younger brother, and I thought he was (for lack of a better word), well... mean. Turns out Ty just has a super dry sense of humor and when combined with his awkward younger years... well, he just came off as a jerk. Great news though, Tyler isn't a jerk, he's actually pretty hilarious.

After basically hanging around us all the time, eventually he just became one of our friends. Weird how that happens. I've had many-a-memorable moment with Tyler, and miss him being around so that those happen more frequently.

The last time Ty was in town, we ended up sitting at Starbucks for like... 4-6 hours. (Where I knocked over a display... shattering glass, the whole nine.) and then still ended up going out to dinner and talking even more. It turns out when you get past the ironic tshirts, the glasses, the moustache and the hilarity... he also happens to be pretty passionate when he starts talking about youth ministry and middle schoolers.
 
I got pretty spoiled seeing Tyler every day for about a year when he worked for me at the Y, so not having him around when it seems like he's ALWAYS been there has had some rough patches. I feel like I speak for a lot of people when I have moments hanging out with folks and it seems odd he isn't around.  I mean, who else are we going to feed the garlic pancakes to?




1 comment:

Mama Meg said...

I miss him as well Meredith. It's just not the same around here without him. Tyler you are loved by many and missed by many. But I love and miss you the MOST. Come home when you can. Momma